Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Curious.

It's a strange thing. We all work on a computer magazine, use computers each and every day and have done for years upon years of our lives.

Yet that doesn't mean that everything goes to plan.

Take MarkTheDepEd. His comic attempts to simply log in to Blogger and make a meaningful post have thus far left us, well, amused. Fortunately, he's managed it now. Bless him.

Perhaps it's because he lost at Pro Evolution Soccer again yesterday. That might be it. But he should be used to that by now.

Me, I've been playing F.E.A.R. over the past few days, and on the whole I'm finding it an anti-climax. I've got the settings such that it looks a treat on an X800 card, and whilst there's been the occasional bit of slowdown, on the whole it's running fine. The game in the early parts was great, although it very carefully segregates the action segments from the 'supernatural' part. But for me, it makes a similar misstep to the recent Fahrenheit, which I enjoyed immensely to a point. It simply, at a certain point in the game, takes leave of reality and I think the game suffers as a result. I'll keep playing though, and see if I get more enamoured, because when it hits top form, the game has been brilliant. Really. Just perhaps not the flat-out classic I was led to believe.

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home